October 8, 2008 Clinton is the cute little village that is situated at the bottom of the hill. I suggest if you have a chance to visit Hamilton, come support the local economy and visit these wonderful attractions:
1. The Clinton Cider Mill: Whether you are in the mood for a donut, a cider slushie, N.Y. cheese, apples, pies or just a cup of fresh apple cider, the Cider Mill is THE place to go. When you walk into the mill, it smells like fall: fresh, crisp, and apple-y. If you are lucky, you can catch the workers pressing apples on the old fashioned machine to extract juice.
2. The KAC Thrift Shop: This thrift shop has lots to offer from clothing, accessories, books and housewares. All profits benefit the Kirkland Art Center. My friends and I love to go and sort through racks and racks of clothes. $30 can buy you a bag full of stuff!
3. Nola's: When the parents come to town for Family Weekend take them to Nola's for dinner! Everything served is seasonal, so you can be sure all the ingredients are fresh. I had the best steak ever at Nola's at the end of last year before returning home and I couldn't wait to get back up on the Hill this year to go again. Reservations recommended.
4. Tom's Natural Foods: Tom's has everything natural from fruits to shampoos to vitamins. In the back of the store you can order fresh drinks and smoothies. I enjoy picking out dried fruits and nuts to make trail mix for snacks. Best combination: sunflower seeds, apricots, almonds, craisins — and grab some chocolate chips from Commons!
5. Clinton Pottery: Looking for a gift for that special someone? Take a trip to Clinton Pottery, right down the road from the main row of shops. The shop has mugs, plates and bowls for sale. They are great gifts for grandparents or mom and dad. I'm already looking to Clinton Pottery for holiday gifts this year.