Work at Hamilton College
One of America’s first liberal arts colleges, Hamilton enables its students to effect positive change in the world. Our employees take great pride in upholding this important mission, making our workplace a dynamic educational environment that transforms lives.
Hamilton offers a benefits program as part of a total compensation package that includes a wide range of competitive benefit plans to accommodate your personal needs. The College supplements medical, dental, vision, life, Long Term Disability and Travel Accident Insurances to make the premiums more affordable for employees.
- • Retirement benefits
- • Medical and prescription drug benefits
- • Dental and vision benefits
- • Vacation and holidays
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • Short- and long-term disability benefits and insurance
Hamilton employees, and their dependents in many cases, enjoy a wide range of perks, including:
- • A 35-hour workweek
- • Tuition benefits for employees, their spouse/partner, and dependent children
- • Free access to fitness facilities, outdoor activities gear, fitness classes, and a wellness program
- • Free admittance to most on-campus events including athletics events, concerts, plays, musicals, performances, and speakers
- • Free access to one of the finest small college libraries in the nation
- • Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and families to access confidential professional, comprehensive, and personalized services to address personal challenges such as marital, financial, stress and anxiety, balancing work and home, concerns with addiction, and other hardships
- • Free access to nutritionists and retirement specialists
- • Free on-campus parking
- • Three coffee shops, two dining halls, and a mail center that serves USPS, FedEx, and UPS, all conveniently located on campus
- • A Family Relocation Support Team and partnership with a community agency to answer your important questions if you are moving to the area
- • Service recognition and achievement awards
- • The opportunity to work with a wide variety of friendly colleagues
- • Remote work opportunities (based on position)
Hamilton’s Commitment to Community
Hamilton is located in the village of Clinton, N.Y., a place that students and employees alike call home. Hamilton invests in the vitality of the Village of Clinton and Town of Kirkland in a variety of ways, including an endowed fund that has awarded more than $1 million in grants to local nonprofits and public service agencies since being established in 2001.
Hamilton College is a coeducational, residential, liberal arts college whose members value and seek intellectual and cultural diversity. The College encourages respect for political, religious, ethnic, racial, physical, generational, intellectual, sexual and affectional differences. Such respect promotes free and open inquiry, independent thought and mutual understanding.
Hamilton College performs a thorough background screening on all candidates seriously considered for employment. Prior employment and degree verifications, if applicable, will be performed prior to the extension of any job offer. Additional background checks will be performed, depending on the position.
The College complies with all relevant state and federal laws on non-discrimination. The Director of Community Standards, Hamilton College, Clinton, NY, 13323 (315-859-4020) is responsible for coordinating College compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972 and for procedures for addressing sexual misconduct and harassment on the basis of gender.
The compliance officer for the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act coordinates the College’s efforts to comply with those laws.