Tips for Scheduling AV Support
by Claire Skjellerup
To ensure all of your end of semester events go off without a hitch, we provide these tips to help you in your planning. In most cases, AV support should be requested using the Events Calendar.
Tips for filling out the Event Request Form
When Should I Submit my AV Request?
Do I need to get permission from my invited speakers/presenters in order to film them?
Who do I call if I have more questions?
- If you will be needing assistance from an AV Technician, be sure to check the box for “Click here if you require A/V support” in the Event Options section.
- Please provide a brief description of the support you’re requesting in the Comments box or use the Resources section to request equipment.
- If you require AV support for an event where the space has already been reserved or an event that is not in a space scheduled through the Events Calendar, please contact the Audiovisual Services Coordinator, Claire Skjellerup, by phone (x4120) or email (email@example.com) to arrange details.
Please keep in mind that requests should be made by the Wednesday prior to the week of your event. We schedule our jobs on Thursdays for the upcoming week and cannot guarantee student worker and equipment availability for last minute requests. If you are requesting a film rental or Public Performance Rights purchase, please allow 2-4 weeks for research and shipping.
Yes. AVS has seen a recent increase in the number of requests made for the video recording of events. In order to legally record these, we must have the presenter’s permission. When making a request for video recording please follow the process below:
- If there will be less than 5 people presenting please click on the link to access our Video Recording Permission Form for Individuals
- If there will be 5 or more people presenting please click on the link to access our Video Recording Permission for Groups or Classes
Have your speaker(s)/presenter(s) fill it out and send it to the AVS Coordinator at least one business day before your event takes place. It is helpful to advise the person(s) being recorded of what you plan to use the recording for. This gives them a better understanding of how to fill out the permission form so that the recording can indeed be used for what you intend. Forms can be faxed to 315-859-4185; scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent through campus mail to Claire Skjellerup, ITS/AVS-Burke Library. We are unable to video record unless we have the appropriate permission on file.
Please do not hesitate to contact Audiovisual Services by phone at x4120 if you have any questions or concerns regarding AV support. If you prefer to contact us by email, our team address is email@example.com. Please do not use the x4231 number as this no longer rings to our office.