Burke Library will close to the public beginning Monday, May 18, 2020, for a complete reconstruction of the first floor and front entrance.
Starting on Monday, May 18, 2020, Burke Library will be undergoing both internal and external construction. The entire first floor of the library will be remodeled. At the same time, the front of the building (south side) will be refurbished.
We anticipate re-gaining access to the building by the start of the Fall semester, and will post notices of the progress as necessary.
Thank you for your patience, and we can't wait to show off when it's all finished!
Trustees have approved the plans for the first floor!
We continue to work on relocation spaces for the many staff and services currently located on the first floor.
Burke Library will close to the public on Monday, May 18, 2020.
- The 1st floor will be inaccessible to all except construction crews.
- Basement, 2nd, and 3rd floor access for LITS staff and faculty carrel inhabitants will be thru the basement, via the loading dock door.
- All guests will need to be escorted in and out via the basement loading dock door.
- The elevator from the basement, and side stairwells will be accessible.
- Material can be paged for patrons, and electronic access will not change.
- Delivery service may be continued throughout the summer this year.