Facilities Management is located at 9 Miller Road. The Facilities Management team is responsible for the physical upkeep of the College, including repair work and grounds. The main phone number is 315-859-4500.

Facilities Management is NOT Responsible for:

Maintenance Emergency

Anything that is a threat to the occupants’ safety is considered an emergency, including uncomfortably hot or cold conditions and structural hazards. 

  • Monday-Friday during regular business hours, call Facilities Management at 315-859-4500. 
  • After hours or on the weekend, call Campus Safety at 315-859-4141.

Work Requests

Before submitting a request, please review these Work Request Guidelines.

  • Students, please contact your CA for ALL maintenance repairs
    (Maintenance emergencies can be called in to Facilities at 315-859-4500 directly by students)
  • Only CAs, faculty, or staff may submit work order requests.
  • You must have a valid Hamilton College email address and be connected to the VPN when submitting a new work order request.
  • If you need Facilities support for an event, it must be submitted through 25Live. Any changes regarding Facilities support after the initial request must be emailed to collegeevents@hamilton.edu and workcntrl@hamilton.edu.

Submit Work Order Request

Tips & Reminders

All events must be submitted in 25Live. Please use the Requirements section on the Event Wizard to choose the services that apply to your event. Please check the box and indicate in the comments section what you will need for the event. Keep in mind that there are charges for event set-ups from Facilities, so your request will not be processed without an account number. 

The requests you make in 25Live for Facilities will be sent directly to the appropriate person so you do not need to call or email them or enter a work order. To make any changes to a Facilities request please email collegeevents@hamilton.edu and workcntrl@hamilton.edu. Please put the Reference ID number of your 25Live request and the date of the event in the subject line of your email. 

Remember to give service providers some lead time to plan for supporting your event. Scheduling is done in advance, and they may not be able to accommodate your request if it is last minute, a good rule of thumb is at least 2 weeks’ notice. 

Facilities will assist with planned service-related tasks to departments and auxiliaries, such as: 

  • Moving / delivering / removing office items. 
  • Installing/ modifying / servicing departmental furnishings and specialized equipment (includes furniture, bookshelves, pictures/plaques, nameplates, etc.). 
  • Service requests will often require varying degrees of scheduling/planning, and will typically utilize account lines provided by the requesting department/organization. 
  • From the dropdown menus, select the location (facility > building > area). Provide the account line for any material/labor costs. In the notes, specify the services to be scheduled and any required completion dates. 

Facilities does not keep a “lost and found” nor do we store items including abandoned or illegally-placed bicycles; these items are reported and delivered to Campus Safety.

Multiple tasks needed in one location can be noted on one work request; a Facilities Rep will route the resulting work order(s) to the appropriate department.

Facilities cannot remove furniture assigned to student residential spaces, and students cannot relocate furniture within suites/corridors/buildings/etc. Any assigned items missing from their location, from furniture to recycling bins, will be considered missing inventory and will be reported to the Office of Community Living so replacement costs can be charged to the resident(s). Any items found outside of their assigned location will be removed by Facilities Management and reported as a student damage charge.

In residential halls, we clean general lounges, hallways, public restrooms, and trash and recycling rooms. Facilities Management does not clean in student bedrooms, private baths, kitchens, etc., for the duration of residency, except certain areas over college breaks as specified in the residential contract. CAs can directly contact building custodians for toilet paper for private bathrooms. Custodians can also directly assist with problems with the vacuum cleaner supplied to CAs, and with special requests for other items (brooms, dustpans, various cleaning supplies).


Contact Name

Facilities Management

Office Location
9 Miller Road

Help us provide an accessible education, offer innovative resources and programs, and foster intellectual exploration.

Site Search