5E04A685-C1A6-431F-22281916B7EC9DD7
5E080B6C-DB6B-C074-7E5588909EA7FC54
The words “Know Thyself” appear in Greek at the top of the College seal, which dates back to Hamilton’s founding more than 200 years ago. Only after gaining a full appreciation of your strengths, skills and interests can you contribute meaningfully to society and achieve the professional success and personal satisfaction you seek.

A Time of Transformation

You will be transformed at Hamilton — personally, intellectually, socially, spiritually. Perhaps it’s an academic or extracurricular interest you didn’t know you had. Maybe it’s a newfound love of the outdoors. Whatever your interests, we will help you discover the future you were meant to pursue. It’s happened for students before you and it will happen for you.

Elizabeth Perry '18

Elizabeth Perry '18

Since my first year at Hamilton, I have enjoyed my geoscience and French classes. For a while, I considered the two subjects to be fairly unrelated subjects because while I hope to have a future in the environmental field, I had been pursuing French out of a purely personal interest.

Bryan Ferguson

Bryan Ferguson '17

Now more than ever, I’m going through what I can only describe as an intellectual awakening, where new horizons are opening in directions that I never thought possible and that I could have never planned for.

At Hamilton I learned that I could pursue, nurture and develop many diverse interests by remembering the motto ‘Know Thyself,’ thereby enriching my life and the lives of my family and friends.

George Fosdick, Jr. ’49 — reflecting in his Hamilton 50th reunion yearbook

Back to Top