Professor of Art
Katharine Kuharic's work has been exhibited in group shows in the U.S. and abroad. Kuharic has had 20 solo exhibitions, including seven at P.P.O.W. Gallery in New York. She was the Sally and Milton Avery Fellow at the MacDowell Colony; a Rockefeller Fellow at the Rockefeller Center, Bellagio, Lake Como, Italy; and the distinguished artist in residence at the Yale University, Yale Norfolk Program in Norfolk, Conn.; the Gyeonggi Creation Center, Seoul, South Korea; and the Headlands Art Center, Sausalito, Calif. In 2018, she was named the Richard Diebenkorn Fellow at the San Francisco Art Institute. Kuharic completed her BFA in painting and drawing at Carnegie Mellon University, then studied with Robert Storr and Louise Bourgeois at the School of Visual Arts in New York City.
Recent Courses Taught
- 2012, Essay, “Yellow” International Color Issue, Hand/Eye Magazine
- 2006, Catalogue Essay, Joan Hall, Bruno David Gallery, St. Louis, Mo.
- 2005,UCLA Gendered Transnationalism Conference (posters, billboards and business cards)
- 2005, Jane DeLynn. Cover, Leash. Semiotexte, MIT PRESS.
- 2002, Book illustrated by Katharine Kuharic. One Leaf Fell, Stewart Tabori and Chang.
- 2011, Pound of Flesh, P·P·O·W, New York, N.Y.
- 2008, Unsolicited, McCarthy Gallery, St. Michael’s College, Colchester Vt.
- 2007, Winner Takes All, Solway Jones Gallery, Los Angeles, Calif.
- 2006, The Low Road, Delaware Center for The Contemporary Arts, Wilmington, Del.
- 2005, The World Brought Low, St Louis Contemporary Art Museum, St Louis, Mo.
- 2004, Throb P·P·O·W, New York, N.Y.
- 2000, P·P·O·W, New York, N.Y.
- 1997, Show Quality Bitches P·P·O·W, New York, N.Y.
- 1994, P·P·O·W, New York, N.Y.
- 1993, Amy Lipton Gallery, New York, N.Y.
- 1991, Berland Hall Gallery, New York, N.Y.
- 1990, Bess Cutler Gallery, New York, N.Y.
- 1989, Elizabeth McDonald Gallery, New York, N.Y.
- 1988, Ernst Alexander Gallery, Washington, D.C.
Appointed to the Faculty2007
B.F.A., Carnegie Mellon University