Climate Action Plan
The 2023 Climate Action Plan charts a new path and strategy to achieve carbon neutrality by no later than 2030. This strategy will rely upon infrastructural investments in renewable energy and transportation, targeted efficiency and conservation measures, improvements in land management, and offset projects as the final step to close any remaining carbon emissions gaps.
Land & Forest Stewardship Plan
The Land and Forest Stewardship Plan seeks to implement the following five guiding principles:
- Promote academic teaching/research opportunities to enhance our educational mission;
- Maximize carbon storage and sequestration from our forests and open/agricultural lands;
- Protect and expand the health and diversity of native flora and fauna through reforestation, invasive species management, and appropriate silvicultural practices;
- Facilitate low-impact recreation and wellness opportunities; and
- Promote biodiversity and native wildlife populations.
Sustainability Action Plan
The Sustainability Action Plan targets certain actions that go beyond carbon emissions, many of which are implementable at the individual level. The plan includes five key focus areas for the Hamilton community:
- Create a culture of sustainability on campus;
- Advance sustainability across the curriculum;
- Manage the College's buildings, transportation fleet, and energy use;
- Manage food and waste; and
- Make purchasing and procurement more sustainable.