Read all the instructions on this page carefully before beginning your application.
The HCAYS application is completed online. All students must create an account and a profile through the online portal before applying. For Hamilton students, you can login using your Hamilton credentials (Single Sign-On). For non-Hamilton students, you will need to first sign-up and create a login.
For reference, the materials that you will need to provide in your application include:
- 300 Word Essay in English: This essay should include your personal and academic reasons for wanting to study in Spain and why the Hamilton program would be the best match for you.
- Writing Sample in Spanish: A recent paper written in Spanish and graded by a professor.
- Two Recommendations: The first recommendation must be from a recent language professor. The second recommendation must be from a recent professor in your major. (If Spanish is your major, please ask for a recommendation from a different professor than your first recommendation.)
- Approval of Participation: Approval to participate should be from your Study Abroad Advisor or the Director/Dean of Global Learning at your home campus. For Hamilton College students, the contact information to use is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unofficial transcript from your current college or university.
Due upon Acceptance:
- Within two weeks of acceptance: Login to your online study abroad account and send a message to indicate that you intend to participate in the program.
- Pay a $500 non-refundable deposit to confirm your participation.
IMPORTANT for Hamilton College students: Please submit your Declaration of Off-Campus Study form online by October 11, 2023.