Hamilton does not require the SAT or ACT, and you can choose whether or not to submit these exam (or other test) results.
Choosing whether or not to submit test scores is a personal decision for every applicant as there are many reasons why students do not submit test scores. Hamilton’s selection process is centered on academic achievement and the ability to flourish in our community, and any additional information you provide to support your academic potential can be helpful. All candidates are given full consideration, regardless of whether they include scores as part of their application.
Hamilton will accept official or self-reported scores with a student’s application for admission, and will superscore the SAT or ACT (meaning that if multiple tests are submitted we will consider the highest individual subsection scores). You may also include other test scores such as AP and IB exam results.
* Please note that international applicants will be required to demonstrate English language proficiency, which in most cases requires submitting test results.
Sending Test Scores
For those who choose to submit testing, Hamilton accepts official or self-reported scores. Ways you can submit your testing include:
- Directly from the testing agency (SAT/TOEFL code: 2286; ACT code: 2754)
- Submitted on an official transcript or via official school email
- Self-reported in the testing section on your application.
- A screenshot or PDF of your score report emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When self-reporting your scores, please do not recalculate or superscore, and send them exactly as you received them.
Please note: Official testing (from a testing agency or high school official) will be required from all students who submitted self-reported scores during the application process and who enroll at Hamilton. Any variance may jeopardize the offer of admission.
Office of Admission