In order to be of service to the community and local high schools, Hamilton College will consider the admission of highly qualified high school seniors to take up to two courses to supplement their academic programs.
This opportunity is available to exceptional high school seniors who have either exhausted the curriculum available to them in a particular area of study or who have a compelling reason to begin a new course of study in a subject not offered in their high school community. The Bridge Program is intended to supplement high school offerings rather than replace or substitute for them.
Normally, a student will take no more than one course per semester and no more than two total. A student will be allowed to register for a second course only after completing a first course with a B or better.
All interested students must apply through the Admission Office, and be accepted to the program before registering for classes. After being accepted, the student will work with the Registrar’s Office and the relevant academic department to determine the availability of courses and space.
Bridge students will be enrolled in a course only if space is available after Hamilton students register for courses, and will be expected to adhere to the Hamilton College calendar. Accepted and enrolled Bridge students will have access to college facilities that are relevant to their courses, and will also be subject to Hamilton’s Honor Code. Bridge students’ grades for Hamilton College courses will be reported on their high school transcripts.
To be considered for the Bridge program, students must do the following:
- Complete, sign, and submit the Bridge application, including FERPA authorization and school counselor confirmation form, and acknowledge Hamilton’s Honor Code.
- While standardized testing results (SAT, ACT, AP exams) are optional in most cases, students who believe their scores will enhance their Bridge candidacy are encouraged to submit them.
- Students who wish to take a math class must submit an AP Calculus score.
- Students approved for a language class may be required to take a placement exam.
- Submit an official high school transcript (issued by a high school counselor or registrar).
- Fall Semester: July 15
- Spring Semester: November 15
For additional information about Hamilton’s Bridge Program please contact Niki Barron, Associate Dean of Admission, at 1-800-843-2655 or by email at: email@example.com.