Consult with the Director of International Student Services early if you plan to stay in the US for work or study after graduation from Hamilton. Here are some things you should know about your F-1 student status upon graduation.

Grace Period

All students are entitled to remain in the US for up to 60 days after graduation or completion of authorized Optional Practical Training (see below) following graduation. You may not work during the grace period, unless your OPT authorization has already started.  Once you leave the country, your F1 status is no longer valid.

Transfer to Another School

If you plan to continue your education in the US, you must request that your SEVIS record be transferred from Hamilton to your new school. You should notify Hamilton as soon as possible of your plans, but your record can be transferred as long as we are aware of your plans prior to the end of your grace period. Complete the transfer out form, providing all requested information, and email it to iss@hamilton.edu.


Office / Department Name

International Student Services

Contact Name

Omobonike Odegbami

Director of International Student Services

Office Location
Days-Massolo Center

Help us provide an accessible education, offer innovative resources and programs, and foster intellectual exploration.

Site Search