Welcome to the Hamilton community! Here are links and resources to help you support your student as they transition to college.
Before Your Student Arrives on Campus
- See a timeline of key dates for first-year students.
- Have your student waive (or enroll in) student health insurance. The charge appears on your Hamilton College bill. If your son/daughter has coverage through another provider, a waiver must be completed to have the charge removed.
- Sign up for Electronic Billing
- Read about Student Privacy and Parent Expectations (FERPA)
- Familiarize yourself and your student with the Code of Conduct policies and procedures at Hamilton College.
- Orientation runs from August 15-23, 2023.
- Parents and family members planning to stay overnight in the area are encouraged to book accommodations as soon as you know your travel plans. Visit our accommodations page for a listing of local hotels.
Please visit the orientation website for more information.