Information for Parents
Electronic Tuition Statement
You must sign up to receive your electronic tuition statement. Visit the View/Pay Tuition page by July 1 to enroll. Students must sign up first. Once enrolled, the student must follow the instructions to set up their parents.
Please note that this statement is a snapshot in time. An email will be sent each month to both the student and the authorized payer when an updated statement is ready to view.
|Student Charges||Per Semester||Per Year|
|Meals (Unlimited Access Plan)||$3,785||$7,570|
|Student Activities Fee||$325||$650|
Checks should be made payable to Trustees of Hamilton College. Please remit payment to:
Attn. Student Accounts
198 College Hill Road
Clinton, NY 13323
We offer a secure website where payments can be made online. Payments may be made by electronic check (ACH) or credit card.
Installment Payment Plan
Hamilton has partnered with Blackboard/CASHNet to provide an installment Payment Plan (IPP) option for the 2023-24 academic year.
- IPP Enrollment is by semester and should be completed by July 1 as the first payment will be due by July 10.
- An administration fee of $35 is charged per semester.
- Enrollment will be open on June 20 at which time instructions on how to access the enrollment site will be sent by email to all students as well as previously enrolled payers.
- Convenience fee of 2.75% of the amount charged is applied for domestic cards and 4.25% for international cards.
Please note that effective July 5, 2023, the following changes for credit card fees will be as follows:
- The service fee for domestic card payments will be 2.85%
- The service fee for international card payments will be 4.25%
- The minimum service fee for card transactions over $20 and less than $106 will be $3.
These fees are processed by CashNet directly and are not received to Hamilton College.
If you need assistance with logging into your CASHNet account or your Payment Plan, please contact the below customer support to speak directly with CASHNet:
- Payment Plan assistance: 877-821-0625
- SmartPay/CASHNet assistance: 800-339-8131
- Customer service is available from 8:00AM to 9:00PM Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
Term Billing Dates
- Fall tuition bills will be available online in mid July and due in August.
- Spring tuition bills will be available online mid December and due in January.
Late Payment Policy
Semester charges are billed in July and in December. Semester charges are due in August and January, respectively. If payment is not received by the due date, a 1% per month or 12% per annum late fee will be assessed.
The College must receive the FULL AMOUNT DUE on or before the due date indicated on the bill. If full payment is not received by the due date, a late payment fee may be assessed, and future registration and continuing enrollment may not be permitted.
Student Health Insurance
Hamilton College requires that all students have some form of health insurance coverage. Students who enroll at Hamilton will be billed a proposed annual premium for 2023-24 of $2,483.76 for the Hamilton College Student Health Insurance Plan unless they submit an online waiver and provide proof of alternate coverage. This waiver must be completed annually. Please complete the waiver by July 1 to avoid unnecessary charges.
Fall Only — $1,034.90
Spring Only — $1,448.86
Tuition Insurance Plan
The Tuition Insurance Plan minimizes the financial loss if an illness or accident requires your son or daughter to withdraw from college before the semester is completed. This insurance plan provides coverage for tuition, room and board charges.
In order to reduce the cost of the annual premium, students are automatically enrolled in the plan and billed for half of the annual premium at the start of each academic year. Students may opt out of the insurance by completing an online waiver. The annual premium for 2023-24 is $510.
Students who plan to work on campus will need to complete the required forms. For more information, visit the Student Employment website.
If you plan to work on campus, be sure to bring original documents with you.
- Employment Authorization Form
- W-4 Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate (Federal)
- IT-2104 Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate (New York State) Required in order to work in New York State
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification: You must fully complete Section 1 including your signature and the date. The form must be signed and dated no later than the day you begin work. You must present original documents for proof of identity and eligibility to work.
View list of acceptable documents
Hamilton College issues the 1098-T form to students for tax reporting purposes. 2022 1098-T forms will be mailed by January 31, 2023. They will also be available online via CashNet for students and families enrolled for e-billing and payments.
Important Phone Numbers
|Dean of Students||315-859-4020|
First-Year Parents and Families
For more helpful information on planning for the upcoming year, visit our webpage for first-year parents and families.