Key Bank Credit Card Features
Key2Purchase Card Program Features
- Chip and Pin Technology
- Merchant code profile assigned to each card
- Submitting and approving online
- Electronic receipts upload
- Out of pocket expense payments
Text Alerts for Key2Purchase Accounts
Cardholders are required to enroll in text alerts to use this service. They can enroll at KeyCommercialCard.com Mobile Text Enrollment
Available alerts include:
- Fraud Text Alerts or suspicious transactions
- Security Alerts: international, card not present
- Card Activity Alerts: declines, large purchases, the credit limit is close to being reached
- Payment Alerts: statement ready, payments due, payments received
Personal Identification Numbers (PIN)
All of the Key2Purchase corporate cards are PIN encrypted. This is a new technology, so you will find that some card terminals will require a PIN to be entered. For this reason, all cardholders should create a PIN as soon as they receive their cards.
This is done by calling:
- Key Customer Service at 1-866-290-7700
- Or online at www.KeyCommercialCard.com
Your new Key2Purchase card will have one of two profiles (Travel or Purchase) assigned to the card. Each profile will contain a customized list of merchant category codes (MCC), a feature that provides control of which vendors will allow purchases from your Key2Purchase credit card.
The travel profile is intended for employees who travel for work related reason multiple times per year. The profile includes but is not limited to airlines, lodging, meals, grocery stores, car rentals, railways, taxis/Uber, parking lots, and associations & organizations for professional development purposes.
The purchase profile is intended for employees whose primary role within the department is to order and manage the supplies for the department. The MCC profile on the purchase card will be available for use with most vendors with the exception of all travel related vendors. The purchase profile also has a maximum dollar limit of $1,500 per day per vendor. If you need to purchase an item that is more than $1,500 you will need to coordinate with the Auxiliary Services team.
If a transaction is denied, you may contact:
- Key Customer Service 1-866-290-7700
- Amanda Gleasman at 315-859-4320
When contacting Key Bank, they will request that you to provide the last four digits of your SSN. Do not provide your SSN. Instead, provide the last four digits of your Hamilton Employee ID # (which is displayed on your Hill card).
Statements arrive via email on approximately the 28th of each month. You do not need to wait until you receive a statement to start coding your transactions. It is recommended that heavy card users review and code their transactions throughout the cycle.
All transactions need:
- To be reviewed for accuracy
- Coded with correct cost center and object code
- Have notes entered to describe the transaction
- To be added to a transaction envelope
- Have substantiating receipts uploaded to the transaction envelope
- To be submitted for approval within seven days after the statement cycles
Detailed instructions on how to complete a transaction envelope are available on the Business Office website.
Approvers have until 14 days after the cycle date to approve all transaction envelopes. Card transactions will be uploaded to the general ledger once per cycle and after all approvals are complete. This generally occurs between two to three weeks after the statement cycle.
Receipts will now be uploaded to the Key2Purchase card system instead of being submitted to the Business Office. Users should create a receipt folder on their department drive to save copies, photos and emails of receipts and maintain receipts for at least three (3) years. Users will upload receipts from this folder into the Key2Purchase system and attach to a transaction envelope.
Out of Pocket Expenses
Cardholders should now add their out of pocket (OOP) expenses to their Key2Purchase transaction envelope instead of submitting a paper check request. Out of pocket expenses cannot be processed until your supervisor has approved your transaction envelope. Approved OOP expenses will be added to the weekly Accounts Payable check run for payment.