Benefits to using the services of Direct Travel, either by booking through GetThere (see GetThere Access below for account access) or working with an individual travel agent by phone or email include the following.
- 24/7 after hour toll free assistance to solve the unforeseen travel dilemma.
- Unused ticket tracking-technological solution capturing credit of canceled tickets.
- Voided tickets- a 24 hour window to erase a travel reservation, start over with no exchange or cancellation fees.
- Preferred vendor partnerships yielding better pricing and enhanced traveler experience.
- Access to Direct Travel’s industry leading Groups and Meetings department.
Direct Travel charges $34 for airline tickets purchased working with an agent by phone or email. The charge for tickets purchased via GetThere is only $10 per ticket. Direct Travel agents are available by phone or email between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m, Monday through Friday while GetThere is available 24/7.
Hamilton College travel reservations can be made by using GetThere, which employees may use to make their own travel reservations or to make reservations for others. Airline and train tickets purchased via GetThere may be billed directly to the College, charged to a college corporate card, or charged to a personal credit card. Only authorized Hamilton employees can make travel arrangements through Direct Travel (see GetThere Access below).
Employees preferring the flexibility of booking online will find GetThere an extremely easy to use tool which consolidates air, car, hotel and rail reservations in one location. For those preferring to work directly with a consultant, Direct Travel offers an experienced staff of both domestic and international consultants easily engaged by email or telephone.
Direct Travel Contact Information
Travel Agent Services
Mon-Fri, 9:00am to 5:30pm EST
Phone: 315-472-7737 or 800-472-7447
Account Management/Reporting/Customer Service
Employees who need access to GetThere to make travel arrangements for college travel should have their SUPERVISOR or DEPARTMENT CHAIR notify the Business Office that they are authorized to use GetThere by sending an email to Tricia Schweitzer at email@example.com with the following information.
- Name as it appears on ID used for airport check-in
- Email address
- Phone number
- Identify if employee will need guest booking access which provides ability to book travel for guests.
How to Use GetThere
For a demonstration on how to use GetThere online booking tool use the link below to access the recorded training session from August 28, 2018.
For more information on allowable travel expenses, please see the Travel Policy.