Virus Protection at Hamilton College
Student Anti-virus Installation Instructions: (updated 9/15/2015)
- Avira for Windows
- Sophos Home Edition or avast! Free Antivirus for Mac (LITS recommended for Students only)
The LITS Help Desk at x4181 will provide full support for the above Anti-virus software.
Employee Anti-virus Installation Instructions: (updated 4/30/2013)
- Macintosh Instructions (OS 10.4 & higher) (off-campus) (Employees)
- Windows XP/Vista/7/Windows 8 Instructions (off-campus) (Employees)
- Sophos Installation File (Employees) - click the link to obtain the Sophos Installation file (Mac and Windows)
If you have changed your Hamilton password and use Sophos on your home computer please use the following documentation to allow Sophos to update on your computer.
- How to change your password in Sophos (Windows & Mac)
Sophos User Manual
Sophos Anti-virus is free to employees for use on college-owned computers and for use on their home computers (for as long as they are employed by the college). Please be advised that this is a licensed software product. You will be asked to provide proper identification before you are allowed to obtain this software. If you prefer to have LITS assist you in installing Sophos on your office computer, please contact the LITS Help Desk at x4181.